Collections Administrator Job Vacancies at Prodigy Finance in Cape Town 2018
Prodigy Finance hiring for Collections Administrator placed in Cape Town. This job vacancies is open from 26 April 2018 to the end of this month. Here is more information about the requirements, qualifications and job descriptions associated with Collections Administrator job opening 2017.
Prodigy Finance Recruitment 2017
Collections Administrator - Cape Town
Prodigy Finance - who we are
Prodigy Finance is a platform that enables financing for international postgraduate students at the world’s best universities, whilst delivering competitive financial and social returns to alumni, institutional and private investors.
This borderless and innovative model enables education loan financing to students from across the globe, whilst using predicted post-degree affordability rather than present-day salary. Since 2007, Prodigy Finance has extended over US$500 million through the platform to fund over 12,000 students from over 120 countries.
Our team of over 150 (and growing) is already truly global. Our head office is in London with much of the team being based in beautiful Cape Town. We also have an office in New York plus team members based across Europe and Asia.
We are funded by some of the best, pre-eminent institutions in the world including Index Ventures, Balderton Capital, AlphaCode, Credit Suisse and Deutsche Bank.
Why this is an amazing opportunity
This role is perfect for someone who thrives in a complex environment and who wants to supercharge their career by experiencing first-hand what it is like to be part of an energetic, extremely fast-growing start-up.
The sense of impact and reward will be huge. You will help to build a product which makes a very real difference in the world. Be a part of delivering socially responsible financial services to the masses; make it possible for students from more than 120 countries to obtain the finance to fulfil their dream of studying at the world’s top universities and schools.
We are a non-hierarchical team; this means that you are going to get exposure to all aspects of our business immediately. You’ll gain as much accountability as you can handle and have a huge influence on scaling the company.
Our team is very international and very sociable; you will interact with the broader business on a regular basis. The position will be based in Cape Town.
One of our goals is to build one of the top FinTech teams and cultures anywhere in the world. This means putting a lot of time into ensuring we only hire people with exceptional potential and creating the best working environment possible. If you want to work somewhere where you're learning from some of the best brains in FinTech, this would be a good fit.
Why join Prodigy Finance
- Be a part of a pioneering global growth company
- Experience the excitement and learn from being part of an incredibly fast-growing young company. No kidding – exponential growth. Happening right now
- Be pivotal in scaling the business by identifying smart solutions and partners with tech at the heart of it
- Enjoy the agility and flexibility offered by a startup culture. A sociable, relaxed and friendly work environment (with a serious coffee culture where you can wear shorts to work)
- We will help you make your mark. Make a real impact on the business and experience a steep learning curve with huge opportunities to grow and develop
- Gain an inside perspective on the functioning of a venture-backed FinTech startup, backed by one of the top European VCs, learn day-to-day management and build functional expertise
- Build a platform that helps to make a very real difference in the world
What you will do in the role
The primary function of a Collections Administrator is to manage processes around arrears borrowers, directly and with service providers, actively working the delinquent portfolio, trace processes, managing legal recovery processes with the Collections Manager and Legal support.
Specific responsibilities are to:
- Manage the mid, late and legal arrears book against required collections targets
- Maintain required SLAs on tickets
- Manage arrears notifications and discussions through both one-on-one and volume communications processes using multiple channels
- Advise and educate borrowers on repayment options and consequences of non-payment
- Trace non-communicative borrowers using desktop trace and internal resources and liaise with outsourced tracer to locate borrowers
- Manage communication regarding arrangement processes with borrowers who are unable to pay
- Understand and advise borrowers on the best solutions and processes that would assist them in their current situation
- Complete legal folders to ensure the legal department has all the necessary documents to proceed with enforcement
- Hit targets in a fast paced, high volume and high quality customer services environment
- Ensure weekly tasks are completed
What you will be measured on
You’ll be measured on the following:
- Compliance with relevant regulatory requirements on collections processes
- Ability to cure delinquent accounts
- Ability to negotiate favourable repayment plans with delinquent borrowers
- Daily number of interactions with borrowers and the quality of these interactions
What you need to be great at
- Have an empathetic yet firm approach to dealing with high net worth individuals
- Proven people management skills, preferably with people from different cultures and countries
- Proven ability to remain calm under immense pressure
- Ability and willingness to deal directly with specific tasks and enquiries where required
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to assess complex situations and use creativity to solve problems
- Established negotiation skills
- Proven ability to operate independently
- Self-assurance and confidence
- Have the ability to debate in a constructive manner and to challenge conventional wisdom
Who we are looking for; track record must haves
- Completed NQF Level 4
- Proven track record of reducing stage arrears - mid and late - using a variety of strategies
- International collections experience – or at least, an international mindset required
- Experience in managing processes from beginning to execution and resolution
- Experience in dealing with recovery processes under TCF principles
- Experience managing collections and recovery in a financial services regulatory environment against recovery targets
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail
- Fantastic customer service skills
Experience that would be nice to have (but we’ll trade off if everything else fits)
- Ideally you will have experience with UK based consumer protection law and customer fair treatment principles
- Experience in auditing collections processes against regulatory framework
- Relevant experience with legal recovery and engaging with legal counsel for legal processes
- Start-up experience. Sometimes the earth moves beneath your feet at Prodigy Finance so you've got to be comfortable with ambiguity, able to wear lots of hats, and adapt easily as we continue to grow.
The Prodigy Finance fit; attributes which run true in everyone at Team Prodigy
To be an A player at Prodigy Finance, you need to possess – in spades - the following attributes:
Innovative + Smart
Be curious enough to want to know more, think out the box, maybe even break the box, show initiative and be smart about it to find implementable, impactful solutions.
International + Accountable
Push yourself to be better every day. Work with others across the world, be resilient, add value and then hold yourself accountable. Encourage and celebrate each other.
Energetic + Fun
Sense of humour = survival. Bring energy and fun. Wear your heart on your sleeve. Work hard and find the time to play. We’re in this together.
Do you want to be our next Collections Administrator? Here’s what to do now:
If this sounds exciting and you'd like to have an informal chat, get in touch below and tell us why you want to work at Prodigy Finance.
- This role is available on a permanent and contractual basis which will be discussed during the interview process
If you are interested in Collections Administrator job opened by the Prodigy Finance, immediately prepare the requirements and qualifications to apply for this Collections Administrator job. For more info click on the button below:
Send your application via link below:
Don't forget to like our fanpage to get the lastest job opportunities
Also follow my twitter