Land and Agricultural Development Bank of South Africa hiring for Agricultural Specialist (Livestock) - Bethlehem placed in Bethlehem. This job vacancies is open from 3 Juli 2018 to the end of this month. Here is more information about the requirements, qualifications and job descriptions associated with Agricultural Specialist (Livestock) - Bethlehem job opening 2017.
The Land and Agricultural Development Bank of South Africa (Land Bank) is South Africa’s only specialist agricultural bank established in 1912, the bank’s sole objective is to serve South African commercial and emerging farmers and bring specially designed financial services within their reach. These services enable farmers to finance land, equipment, improve assets and obtain production credit. The Land Bank provides financial services that have moved with the times and continues to provide services to agri-business and constantly reviews its offerings to ensure that they match the needs of an industry. As change has swept across the sector in South Africa the socio-economic makeup of agriculture has altered, bringing new entrants from historically disadvantaged backgrounds on to the land, these new farmers, facing the challenges of establishing sustainable agri-businesses across the agricultural value chain, Land Bank has been a commercial lifeline offering appropriately designed financial products that facilitate personal and commercial viability in a sector that is vital to the sustainability of South Africa and its people. Main Purpose of the JobTo provide expert agriculture industry economics support services across the Bank when requested with particular emphasis on where there are either skills / competency shortages or where potential investments are either highly complex or high value.
Provide ongoing technical advice and knowledge/information sharing to the Bank’s team with a focus on livestock industry to ensure submission of high quality accurate applications through support when requested in terms of good governance and compliance to legislation and best practice within the Land Bank’s policies and guidelines. Key Performance AreasSpecialist inputs into business case viability
- Provide expert agricultural support to the Bank to facilitate accurate and efficient structuring of appropriate financial solutions and feasible transactions.
- Provide support in terms of the completion and submission of reports as and when requested ensuring a comprehensive assessment of potential business transactions, including
- Viability/Feasibility of the Business Plan
- Debt serviceability
- Sustainability of the Farming operations
- Risks, mitigations and opportunities identified
- As part of the assessment process provide support, as and when requested, in terms of:
- Best practice approaches in terms of farming trends, potential income realisation and determine the production Margin of the farming enterprise in relation to available resources.
- Analysis of the financial position (past, present and future) and compare to the projected income to determine the debt serviceability when requested. (Or the relevant assessment tool).
- Evaluation of the financial position to determine solvency when requested.
- Provide recommendations when requested on the implementation of other measures for repayment of loans.
- Determination of land use patterns and areas under cultivation to inform production potential risk considerations.
- Identification and evaluation of applicable production factors such as soil type, effective depth, structure and texture etc., so that they are directly linked to the production potential.
- Identify climatic factors impacting on production potential.
- Evaluation of water sources and availability based on the requirements for different crops, availability of irrigation equipment and effectiveness of the system, including the legal right to use the water, calculating the sufficiency of the water and produce a relevant report.
- Ensure submission for applications compiled in terms of the set standards and formats:
- Determine the development phase of the farming venture and, amongst others, conditions of the infrastructure, management skills, topography, accessibility, development potential of the farm, grazing component and carrying capacity and any other relevant general conditions.
- Conduct the required valuation of the entity’s assets through an on-site visit to the business property and determine the realistic market value based on risk and market research.
- Inspect crops on the land and calculate the net realisation and impact on financial position.
- Determine the realisable value movable assets Identify and locate security offered.
- Determine the value of buildings and other improvements and contribution towards production value.
- Calculate the production value and related loan value based on the information gathered.
- Determine justification of applicants’ financing requests.
- Make recommendations regarding the merit of financing requests, the appropriate terms and conditions.
- In collaboration with and support of other Bank divisions, conduct collateral management valuations in accordance with the relevant Land Bank policy and procedures.
Agricultural knowledge database and knowledge sharing
- To undertake or provide support with the collection, process, and packaging of information in order to determine, amongst others, the following:
- Market value of property
- Production costs
- Establishment costs
- Profit margins
- Produce prices
- Market trends
- Economic patterns
- Potential of land
- Ensure relevant and updated information for knowledge sharing as and when required
- Contribute information to the national agricultural specialists’ database
- To ensure knowledge transfer to the various Bank representatives in order to ensure skills transfer and empowerment in terms of technical context.
Customer and stakeholder relationship management
- Build, foster and maintain consistent, effective and strong relationships with all stakeholders in order to strengthen relationships with the potential to secure new business opportunities for the bank.
- Ensure that all stakeholders remain aware of the value of the Land Bank’s products, the processes and principles related to agricultural financing within the Land Bank environment.
• Stay up to date with provincial initiatives and developments and further strengthen the relationship to assess further business opportunities to promote long term mutually beneficial relationships Preferred Minimum Education and Experience• Degree with Agriculture as base
- 5 years experience in Agricultural management and financial Extension Services; or
- 5 years experience in Agricultural businesses, a Co-op, or similar organisations, focusing on farm related financing
• Extensive experience in Livestock industry Critical Competencies• Microsoft Office
- Knowledge / Experience of financial and business analytical principles, tools and systems
- Farm Valuation Principles
- Agricultural Economics
- Risk Management Principles
- Lending / Credit Assessment Principles
• Financial and Business Acumen Additional Requirements• Extended hours as and when required.
- Travel as and when required
Land Bank Group is an equal opportunity employer, which eliminates all forms of unfair discrimination in the recruitment and selection of staff, subject to the provisions of prevailing and relevant legislation.
If you are interested in Agricultural Specialist (Livestock) - Bethlehem job opened by the Land and Agricultural Development Bank of South Africa, immediately prepare the requirements and qualifications to apply for this Agricultural Specialist (Livestock) - Bethlehem job. For more info click on the button below:
Send your application via link below:
Don't forget to like our fanpage to get the lastest job opportunities
Also follow my twitter