Customer Support Specialist (Hours: 10:00 - 18:30) Job Vacancies at Prodigy Finance in Cape Town 2018
Prodigy Finance hiring for Customer Support Specialist (Hours: 10:00 - 18:30) placed in Cape Town. This job vacancies is open from 11 Mei 2018 to the end of this month. Here is more information about the requirements, qualifications and job descriptions associated with Customer Support Specialist (Hours: 10:00 - 18:30) job opening 2017.
Prodigy Finance Recruitment 2017
Customer Support Specialist (Hours: 10:00 - 18:30) - Cape Town
Customer Support Specialist (Hours:
10h00 – 18h30)
Prodigy Finance - Who we are
Prodigy Finance is a platform that enables financing for international postgraduate students at the world’s best universities, whilst delivering competitive financial and social returns to alumni, institutional and private investors.
This borderless and innovative model enables education loan financing to students from across the globe, whilst using predicted post-degree affordability rather than present-day salary. Since 2007, Prodigy Finance has extended over US$500 million through the platform to fund over 12,000 students from over 120 countries.
Our team of over 150 (and growing) is already truly global. Our head office is in London with much of the team being based in beautiful Cape Town. We also have an office in New York plus team members based across Europe and Asia.
We are funded by some of the best, pre-eminent institutions in the world including Index Ventures, Balderton Capital, AlphaCode, Credit Suisse and Deutsche Bank.
Why this is an amazing opportunity
This role is perfect for an experienced customer service professional who wants to supercharge their career by experiencing first-hand what it is like to be part of an energetic, extremely fast-growing company.
The sense of impact and reward will be huge. You will help to build a product which makes a very real difference in the world. Be a part of delivering socially responsible financial services to the masses; make it possible for students from more than 120 countries to obtain the finance to fulfil their dream of studying at the world’s top universities and schools.
We are a small non-hierarchical team; this means that you are going to get exposure to all aspects of our business immediately. You’ll gain as much accountability as you can handle and have a huge influence on scaling the company.
Our team is very international and very sociable; you will interact with the broader business on a regular basis. The position will be based in Cape Town.
One of our goals is to build one of the top FinTech teams and cultures anywhere in the world. This means putting a lot of time into ensuring we only hire people with exceptional potential and creating the best working environment possible. If you want to work somewhere where you're learning from some of the best brains in FinTech, this would be a good fit.
Why join Prodigy Finance
- Be a part of a pioneering global growth company
- Experience the excitement and learn from being part of an incredibly fast-growing young company. No kidding – exponential growth. Happening right now
- Be pivotal in scaling the business by identifying smart solutions and partners with tech at the heart of it
- Enjoy the agility and flexibility offered by a startup culture. A sociable, relaxed and friendly work environment (with a serious coffee culture where you can wear shorts to work)
- We will help you make your mark. Make a real impact on the business and experience a steep learning curve with huge opportunities to grow and develop
- Gain an inside perspective on the functioning of a venture-backed FinTech startup, backed by one of the top European VCs, learn day-to-day management and build functional expertise
- Build a platform that helps to make a very real difference in the world
What you will do in the role
Our Customer Success team focuses on the progress of student applications moving through our loan application process, via the Prodigy Finance platform. We are responsible for ensuring that each applicant moves through the process smoothly and all the necessary details are accurate and on time. We are looking for a self-starter who is able to support our students between the hours of 10h00 and 18h30.
At certain points in the year, the volume of applications is massive, but our targets on quality and customer service remain uncompromisingly high. We partner with the best schools in the world, so our customer protocols have to work across all geographies and for all student bodies.
Specific responsibilities are to:
- As a Customer Support Specialist, you will be responsible for a specific section of our applications funnel, owning the first response turnaround times and customer service levels and your SLA’s for each customer through your area of expertise. With our rotation policy in place, you will also have an opportunity to work on other major areas of the funnel, from new applications through to final loans disbursed, developing depth of experience while working towards an end-to-end understanding of how we originate student loans
- Help resolve issues first time, promptly escalate unresolved issues as appropriate
- Ensure high quality delivery of customer experience across multiple channels (Zendesk ticketing system, calls and web chat)
- Learn – and ultimately become a technical expert for - our Prodigy loan product and originations process. Use this technical knowledge to guide students through the process, to respond to customer service requests and to enable resolution. Transfer your knowledge to team mates both formally and informally
- Be responsible for hitting your day-to-day service level targets. Ensure service levels are maintained and improved where possible. Be a valuable contributor to the operations function. Inject a sense of fun and fulfilment into your team environment
- At times, you may be required to work closely with other functions, notably Student Marketing or our Technical Team to improve the service offering
What you need to be great at
- Customer orientation; able and willing to find out what the customer wants and needs and to act accordingly, taking the organisation's costs and benefits into account. Listen well, be biased to action and find solutions
- Process Control; planning and organising; attention to detail; able to manage a relentlessly high workload containing hundreds of small tasks to 100% accuracy
- A sense of urgency; energetic, resilient, think clearly, respond quickly and appropriately, do the right thing at pace.
- Focus on quality; set high quality standards for your work and strive for continuous improvement
Who we are looking for; track record must haves
- Customer experience in a fast paced, high volume and high quality customer service environment
- Completed NQF Level 4 (minimum) qualification
- Demonstrable experience and success – hitting targets - in a fast paced, relentlessly high volume and high quality customer service environment
Experience that would be nice to have (but we’ll trade off if everything else fits)
- Experience in a fast-growing and changing environment. Sometimes the earth moves beneath your feet at Prodigy Finance so you've got to be comfortable with ambiguity, able to wear lots of hats, and adapt easily as we continue to grow
- Experience in a customer services environment where the product and platform is technically complex. You need to show us that you can become a functional expert in the technical components of our proposition quickly
- Specific call centre operational experience would be advantageous, with a working knowledge of Zendesk or similar ticketing system
The Prodigy Finance fit; attributes which run true in everyone at Team Prodigy
To be an A player at Prodigy Finance, you need to possess – in spades - the following attributes:
Innovative + Smart
Be curious enough to want to know more, think out the box, maybe even break the box, show initiative and be smart about it to find implementable, impactful solutions.
International + Accountable
Push yourself to be better every day. Work with others across the world, be resilient, add value and then hold yourself accountable. Encourage and celebrate each other.
Energetic + Fun
Sense of humour = survival. Bring energy and fun. Wear your heart on your sleeve. Work hard and find the time to play. We’re in this together.
Do you want to be our next Customer Support Specialist? Here’s what to do now:
If this sounds exciting and you'd like to have an informal chat, get in touch below and tell us why you want to work at Prodigy Finance.
If you are interested in Customer Support Specialist (Hours: 10:00 - 18:30) job opened by the Prodigy Finance, immediately prepare the requirements and qualifications to apply for this Customer Support Specialist (Hours: 10:00 - 18:30) job. For more info click on the button below:
Send your application via link below:
Don't forget to like our fanpage to get the lastest job opportunities
Also follow my twitter